Monday 25 April 2016

When we met Michael Key...

MICHAEL KEY...

The man who did the makeup for weird Science, the Grinch, Star Trek, Indiana Jones, Charmed etc. and he's here at our university? Gobsmacked..

The day we met the one and only legend himself Michael Key, he gave a speech about the upcoming world competition IMATS in June in London, explaining how us students can apply and how to, it sounded amazing and once in a lifetime opportunity to be part of. I feel this year I wouldn't be confident enough but i'm not saying I will practice for next year.

He was truly inspirational and it was amazing to hear him answer our questions with such enthusiasm about the industry. He also was so down to earth man who was willing to ask any questions we had and we stayed at the end to speak to him also about how tough the industry is but never giving up, do work that is volunteer, practice when you can and thrive to succeed. Overall I was honored to meet him and I also got a message back on instagram which I was so happy about, he is such an incredible, talented, successful makeup artist and what a pleasure for him to come to our university.


Us all at the talk with Michael Key
& my message back from him-
natalieallanamua is me



The card we were given for discounts and the image above of both Michael Key & Sharon




No comments: