Thursday 21 April 2016

Final Mrs. Laderman character design


Character design Mrs. Laderman pinterest board


link below to pinterest board, full of ideas


My Final Mrs. Laderman character

What I did and what I used: 
Final Makeup and Hair Chart



With the base application I used the Kryolan pallete mixing colours to get my models ideal colour, I used this because I wanted to create dewy, shiny skin to create a fake, Cakey look to suit my characters personality.



I then went into making the eyebrows really stand out with using Aqua colour kryolan, creating high arches which were very popular during the 1950's/60's. I wanted to do this because American horror story was based in this era, it always creates a evil, sneaky look which is what I wanted.



I used glamour glow palette and blusher pallete pink on the cheeks to create a doll like, clown ish look. I was very happy with the way this turned out and I reapplied more during the shoot to really make the cheeks pop and stand out.
Image below of my products and equipment in my working area when testing out the final look.



I used Aqua colour blue on the eyelids and created a high arch reaching just under the brow line and dabbed glitter on top and sealed it with powder to fix the look.



I created a timeless classic winged eye look into top which was very popular during this era also, I wanted to make her look timelessly beautiful with a weird edge to her, making her look mad and creepy.
I then created a sweet heart lip look with red colour from the lip palette by kryolan to finish off the look.
Here are some images of my look I created during class.


A face on view of my design, I feel I could of make it a little tidier but I will take this into consideration when doing my shoot.
I loved the brows and the lips and also the glitter on the lids I feel really work well. Giving an extra bit of glam to create a carnival/circus look. 

I didn't want to do her to mad, cause she's a dominant woman who's in charge of her freaks and wanted to reflect this in the makeup and hair.


An image of the makeup design and starting off the hair, I am going to crimp it and back comb and hair spray it, to give it a lot of volume. I have also got a hat to place on her to show her authority too, with a sequinned band around it, to give it glitz and sass.


Image of the lips up close, I kept finding the makeup kept smudging underneath the eyes, but I cleared this up at the end. I did like it a little smudged to create the fear and insanity in my characters personality. 


Overall, I feel this is a perfect makeup look for my character. I will also change the colour in one of her eyes, her "controlling" eye, that controls Claudia and makes her dote on her, a love/control power. Her eye will be either white or red on the right eye.





Images from during the shoot...
Of the controlling, secretive, evil Mrs. Laderman














No comments: