Monday 25 April 2016

Evaluation


Evaluation 

The project theme was Gothic horror, from our chosen Victorian Gothic horror character from a classic novel, leading onto our chosen horror TV series, with recreating characters to fit in with the show. I found this project challenging and fascinating, from classic horror makeup/hair through to more experimental special effects, I loved the variety and fun I had with this project, where there were no boundaries.

I enjoyed both parts of the unit, however I preferred the character designs for our chosen TV series, I got to push myself technically and creatively, this challenged me to think outside the box and to put my techniques learnt into action, to really show my progression. I was extremely happy with my final images and I was impressed with my progression as an artist.

I have learnt a whole new world of special effects, it was challenging yet satisfying to see something look so real with makeup. I discovered a new found love for this area of makeup, where I have the desire to develop and learn more techniques. Also my overall application makeup techniques have progressed, I create looks with more detail and precision.

My weaknesses within the unit, was planning and structuring out my ideas with a clear vision, also with continuity lighting and remembering each step I took to recreate the look. I also feel I could have more confidence and faith in my work and to make more mistakes to learn from and to overall to push myself more.

I was highly influenced by special effects and researching into classic 50's/60's glam mixed with horror, overall I can say I'm happy with my creations, but I will pick up and learn from my flaws.