Monday 18 April 2016

Makeup: Experimenting with Veggie Gelatine



The week we worked with Gelatine, I decided to try an alternative Vege gelatine, as I am a vegetarian, so I was intrigued to see whether it would set or have the same effect as normal gelatine. The vege gelatine came in powder form, I heated it up with hot water and placed in the mircowave to heat it through. 

It came out lumpy, so I had to stir it more, it looked similar but when placed it on my arm, but it did not set and just wiped off straight away. 

I think I will try it on the stove to heat it up and see if that makes a difference in texture or try solid vege gelatine to see if that improves or works.

I also think next time I will not use the powder and will find a veggie version thats solid or that you can break up from sheets similar to normal gelatine. 

I would love to find a veggie version that does exactly the same as gelatine, therefore I will make it my mission to find this, so I can use it in class and on models in the future.



 Images of how it turned out, you can see the lump consistency, I wanted this to work as a great animal friendly alternative. I was told it is very hard to not use ingredients tested on animals and gelatine, which I was aware of but not too the extreme of it, which is very upsetting. I use products that aren't tested on animals and always do my research. 



It was slimey on the skin and rubbed straight off, but I will try it on the stove and maybe use a solid type and see how that goes.


However, the after effect looked like dry, flaky skin, so this could be used for that, but not for burns, blisters etc. 
The experiment continues...


No comments: