Thursday 21 April 2016

Final Character design Claudia- before and during shoot



Claudia Pinterest board ideas for character design


Link below of character design for Claudia


Before my shoot for my final character Design Claudia...

What I did, how and what I used:

In class I tested out my makeup and hair design for my character design Claudia.
This is my final face chart for Claudia, I wanted to create a big, adventurous piece with supra colour, fake bloods by kryolan, Aqua colour.



Pretty mixed with burn victim, I wanted to capture Claudia in destress, picking at her face caused by her being misunderstood and controlled to such a degree she goes a bit insane.
I wanted to capture this in my makeup and hair. 

I wanted to create a puppet/doll/young lady character mixed with gore and insanity and I feel I captured this in my design and in my makeup test.

Here is my cracked face doll/puppet character design Claudia, below.




First of all I prepped the skin, covered my model due to the amount of products I'll be using especially with the special sfx products. 


I created half her face white With the use of Aqua colour and white base mixed together to get a great consistency to apply all the way done past the neck line, I then used the Aqua colour black to draw to create the crack line down the face and smudged it into the other half burnt side of the face where I used my bruise colour mixed with blood to create a burn effect on the skin, I used a small amount of latex to make the skin look tacky also.

I created the white half pretty with bold black eye and created pretty red sweet heart lips. I used massive fake eyelashes to emphasis the fact she's a doll and to make her eyes really look scary and pop out to show insanity and fear also.



I really enjoyed creating this look, I loved getting creative and trying different products and picking up skills and techniques along the way.


More images of myself creating the look before the shoot.



Here is an image of the cracked face appearance, with the porcelain skin one half and the other half a burnt victim, after testing this out I knew I wanted to use latex and running/ fake blood to apply during the shoot later. I enjoyed pushing myself as I have never done anything like this before and I was getting excited with the results and my models enjoyed the process also, I was so happy I was great with my time management as this has always been a weakness of mine and I was so prepared from makeup/hair through to costume, lighting setting up etc. 


Here is an image of the tutu collar I made for the shoot, I was worried it wouldn't look right but I tried it out and I was very happy with the way it looked and suited the whole character design, I was very pleased with myself, I think she looked great. 


Moving on...
Here are a few images I took during my photo shoot with these lovely models, it went so well and I can't wait it see the final images. 
  • Camera on manual 1/160 shutter speed 100
  • I used to soft boxes, both on 2.5 setting, black background.
I loved giving direction as I had a clear vision of what I wanted each character to pose like and how I wanted them to appear on camera, I loved the feel of the shoot and there was clear excitement when the images appeared on the screen.
Here are a few images on set and some after, our crazy day of shooting makeup in motion gothic horror. 

Claudia's final look, ready to take to the set, before applying special fx makeup to work wonders.


Mrs. Laderman ready to take the spot light, image below


Me creating blood and gore on set with Claudia 


Myself at work on set, giving Claudia some special effects makeup with blood and latex to add a statement and to show more gore and destress.


More images before the shoot took place


Lets shoot!


Claudia looking freaky and gorey, almost ready to shoot


Mrs. Laderman looking glam and about to get changed for the shoot.


Mrs. Laderman on set


Finally...

Claudia Final Photo Shoot Images

Here are some examples of my final shoot for my character design Claudia, below.

I loved the how the makeup turned out, I follow my steps on my face chart, I made the dress, tutu around the neck also by hand. I feel like it all collaborated well together, I became a bit adventurous with my creation and I wanted to do something scary, slightly grey and creepy and I feel I captured this in my character design of Claudia.

I was very happy with the colour theme, of the white misunderstood shade and the red colour for pain and near death. My model worked very well, she had a great face to work on with the look I was after, a young lady with long mousey hair which I could spray and with a defined chin.

I found it hard to keep the lashes on straight and keeping the makeup design from smudging under the eye, I enjoyed playing around with different colours and shades for the burnt side of her face, I like to become creative.  

I captured different positions to upload onto my blog, to give the audience a sense of the character Claudia is in my overall project. I am also very happy with the poses, lighting, as I wanted it dark for a bright light shining onto her, similar to a spot light in the carnival/ circus stage. I felt when doing the shoot my directing skills had improved along with my photography, as it all flowed well step by step. 

If I did it again I would of used more latex on the face, created more volume with the hair and used more blood over her outfits, as I wanted to create her breaking away from her reconstructed mask and to give more of a sense of panic in my photographs, however I was pleasantly surprised with my improvement of technique skills, time management and making the outfit, however the dress was slightly tight but it worked nonetheless. 

"Ladies & Gentlemen, Let the Show commence..."













Loads of photographs I took during the shoot...















No comments: