Tuesday 15 March 2016

Mrs. Laderman face chart designs (updated)



Mrs. Laderman Face Chart Designs and Hair Charts

Mrs. Laderman Face chart design 1.


This was first design on my face chart, I wanted bright pink and purple tones. Powerful dark eyes with white lenses to really enhance the purple and black. 

I wanted to achieve a evil yet charming vision of Mrs laderman with the fake show leader woman in the makeup. However, I didn't like how it came out and I feel it would better carrying this out on a model to really see how it would look.
When looking back at my design, I found it not exactly what I was after, that I could come up with something more colourful and powerful and creative.

Products listed on face chart sheet. 

Mrs. Laderman Face chart Design 2.


This is my second design for my character design for Mrs. Laderman, I wanted to keep with the 1950/60's eye makeup because of the era my chosen to show was set in (American horror story season 4). With the flick eye liner bright cream eye shadow, with the white devious eyes with contacts I would use.

I would keep the skin basic with pink flushed cheeks, simple yet charming and sweet, with the sweet heart pink lips with dabbed on glitter to keep it in line with the circus theme, elaborate power statement with this.
I wanted to also draw on the bottom lashes as this was a popular makeup statement during the early 60's and this would make the lashes appear longer and fuller with more of an impact on stage at the carnival. 
I wanted the whole look to be classic with bright colours yet sneaky with her true "colours" shining through her eyes with the use of the white contact lenses.

Products listed on face chart sheet 

3. Final face chart Design- Mrs. Laderman 






Mrs. Laderman Hair charts 

Hair Chart Design 1.

I wanted to create a typical 1950's/60's hair style because American Horror Story is set in this era, I tried a few designs to see what would look best. I wanted to sketch out a couple styles pinned up with creating curls with the heated curlers or with curlers as this look very popular during this period and also very effective giving the hair a lot of texture. However, doing this I find very fiddly and I wanted to achieve something texturised but with a lot of volume combined.
Here are my hair chart designs:

                               

Images below of the hair waved created with the heated wave tongs, it gives the hair great texture, but a makes the hair a little flat to look at and I wanted to create a crazy style with frizz, so I thought this wasn't the best idea for my character.

                               

Below image with the use of heated curling tongs to create tight curls pinned to the head, very classic and beautiful. However, very time consuming and fiddley, not the volume I'm after, I want it more dramatic, with a lot of lift and mess to reflect her insanity and control. 

                               

Mrs. Laderman Final hair design 

                              

I decided to use this hair chart for my final character design, it's simple yet effective with the volume and frizz I wanted to create, to reflect her insanity, yet it will look glamorous and vibrant with a lot of texture with back comb and patterns of the crimper. 




No comments: