Friday 25 March 2016

Makeup: Dirty hands


Dirty Hands...

Health and safety
  • Make sure your model is covered up with a gown to protect their clothes from product spillage, just in case, as this is a messy job.
  • Keep hair away from the face when applying products/ makeup
  • Decant products between each model
  • Keep work surface clear and surrounding area 

We looked into our characters with our gothic horror and played around with making the hands look dirty during class. I used supra color, bruise wheel and blood to create a vision of my character Mr. Hyde committing crimes in the street with the dirt of the street and the blood of his victims.

I made sure my model was covered up with a gown to protect her clothes from any excess product that may get on her; I then applied the supra color with makeup brushes and used my hands to cotton buds to really work in the product to give it a realistic look. I feel I could of used more product and worked in the black near the fingers more, now looking back at my images of the task.

after applying the colour I used dripping blood by Kryolan and coated the hands with this all over with unevenness to give it a scrappy look, how it would look realistically.
I enjoyed applying product and building it up and seeing the results of this. I feel next time I would use more blood and darker shades and also to work in the product.

Products & materials used:
  • Supra color palette Kryolan
  • Bruise wheel by mehron
  • Running blood by Kryolan
  • Cotton buds
  • Makeup brushes for detail
  • Cleanser to remove product 


Hands becoming dirty from makeup and blood build up.


more of the blood on the hands, as if he had just committed a crime.


Working the dirt into the nail bed and all over the hands with the dried blood (post murder)







No comments: