Wednesday 16 March 2016

Makeup: Bruised eye



That's got to hurt: 'Bruised Eye'

What I did...
This week the task was to create a bruised eye, we looked at different images in class and created my version. I created this using the supra color and the bruise wheel by Mehron to achieve this. When creating this is started to look a bit theatrical but when I started to build up the products and blend it started to look like a huge bruised eye, I thought about how it was created and It looks like a severe punch to the eye created by a fight scene.

Health and safety
  • Make sure your model is covered up with a gown to protect their clothes from product spillage, just in case, as this is a messy job.
  • Prep the skin (cleanse, tone and moisturise)
  • Be careful around the eyes when applying products/makeup
  • Use barrier foam when applying SFX onto the skin e.g. blood, latex, gelatine
  • Keep hair away from the face when applying products/ makeup
  • Decant products between each model
  • Keep work surface clear and surrounding area 

When looking at my images there are a few things I would of done again, I would of used more deep purple tones and yellows in it. 

However, I was happy with my first attempt at creating the bruised eye, I feel I could of used more colouring in with yellow tones and purples tones to create a more realistic look. When blending it, it started to look better a more realistic but for future bruised eyes i would of done this.

  Products & Materials used:
  • Supra Color red, pink & purple
  • Bruise wheel by Mehron
  • Kabuki brush and small eye shadows brushes to create detail


Images up close of the red and deep red tones of the bruised eye created by blending the bruise wheel product and supra color product to create this look. 






No comments: