Thursday 17 March 2016

Gothic meets Fashion


This week we looked and had to choose a fashion picture out of a few of them that were displayed for us on the sides, I chose the Vivienne Westwood design to recreate in my own way on my model.

We took turns to play around with different products we had, what brushes would work best to get the effect we were after. 

I really enjoyed this task, I loved the texture of this makeup look which was seen in the Vivienne Westwood runway show in spring of 2014 I believe.

It really made me become free with the brush strokes and made me create a beautiful disaster and I was pleased with the way it came out on my model, he also said he'd love to wear it if his band ever tours which I found funny and pretty cool at the same time.

It reminded me of a mixture of tribal meets gothic meets fierce 'kiss' the band influenced look.

I love how simple yet effective it looks and it works so well with the hair design.

Here is the image I used to inspire my look on my model, I used supra colour by Kryolan black and white and I used a couple brushes to give the stroke texture I wanted including my foundation brush small paint brush and small eye shadow brush.


Here are the images below of my take on the picture above, it made me create and I thoroughly enjoyed creating this in my own way. I was definitely in my element when carrying out this my task, I was gutted we didn't have time that I could do another look.

Photos of the stages of the makeup process of gothic meets high fashion runway, plus I am a huge fan of anything Vivienne Westwood, what a huge inspiration.














I collaborated the image of Vivienne Westwood runway fashion makeup with my makeup design I created next to it, I feel it works and looks amazing next to each other. 

No comments: